On the ‘one-month-a-versary’ of Mom’s Cafe Blog, I am so honored and happy to announce that Mom’s Cafe Blog has been nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award!!!! #GodisGood
The Liebster Award, is the “People’s Choice” of the blog world…an award of recognition by bloggers for bloggers, beginning in 2011. The Liebster Award is a celebration of new bloggers worldwide!
I would like to give a special thanks you, from the bottom of my heart to Lindsey author/creator of The Lamp and The Lamb, for this wonderful nomination and her kindness. Let me just start by saying, although we do not know each other in our personal lives, we seem to have a similar story which I am not convinced is just by chance. I felt God giving me a push to begin blogging, to share my experience, not only to change my own life, but possibly change/assist someone else’s. #MomsCafeBlog, was created as a meeting ground for mom’s no matter our #Momstory, to overcome disasters, share triumphs and tips for mom success. Thank you again Lindsey for considering Mom’s Cafe Blog and congratulations on your nomination as well! Everyone please take the time to read/subscribe to blog posts from The Lamp and The Lamb.
Questions from Lindsey:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging, is not only that it serves as an outlet but it serves as a community. A community to learn from others, a community where someone else understands or provides a different perspective. A community for eyes to be opened and greater horizons to be reached at an extremely tangible level…a community where you can find, no matter your niche, support.
- What do you think sets you apart from other bloggers?
I believe what sets me apart from other bloggers, is my unique personality that translates into my writings. Each of us have a different style and I believe my readers can hear exactly which tone and mood, my words reflect, without even knowing me at all.
- Do you have any pets? How many/What kind?
At the moment I do not have any pets, however I have grown up around dogs and I am considering adding a puppy to the family. Husky maybe? Or Tibetan Mastiff hmmm…
- Who is your inspiration in life?
My biggest inspiration in life, is my mother. I have watched her my entire life, selflessly make sacrifices for the needs of others. I have watched her persevere through all challenges and obstacles. My mother has instilled in me this same drive and determination, that I hope I can instill into my own daughter.
- If you could be a superhero, which superhero would you be?
You mean I’m not a superhero? I’m a MOM! *cue cape* haha…in all seriousness, if I had to choose an existing character…I would choose Storm of Marvel.
- Who is your blogging inspiration?
I am still fairly new to blogging, but I would say, I do follow Allison Lindstrom on mostly all of her social media platforms. She’s a longtime blogger and a mom just like me…her knowledge in this blogging world is outstanding 🙂
- Coke or Pepsi?
Definitely Coke 😉
- Do you feel like you are happy with your blogging experience so far?
I feel extremely happy with my blogging experience. Only one month in, and now a shocking honor of being nominated for a blog award! I am in awe. My blogging experience began so organically; almost the literal form a “Leaping of Faith”, as I began with some reservations. So far everyone I’ve encountered in the blogging world is extremely receptive, helpful and supportive. Special shoutouts to all my new blogger friends, readers and subscribers!
- What is your biggest blogging goal for 2018?
My biggest blogging goal for 2018, is to expand the community of mother’s and to build upon the foundation in which Mom’s Cafe was created upon:
#MomsCafeBlog, was created as a meeting ground for mom’s no matter our #Momstory, to overcome disasters, share triumphs & tips for mom success…
- What is your favorite kind of music?
Currently I am very much into Soul or Afrobeat/Naija Music
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
Anywhere in the world….Tanzania
10 Randomly Fun Facts about Me
- I have a beautiful little girl, who is the sweetest thing
- I have participated in Equestrian sports for 8 years of my life
- Shopping-PLEASE give me a time limit. The mall is the only place I become indecisive
- As a child, I wanted to be an author and teacher
- Yo habló español
- I love mac & cheese!
- I like spiders & snakes
- I’m such a ‘night-owl’
- Definitely not that great at baking BUT I try my best
- I am a summer baby!!
A Favorite Blog other than my own…
I am still fairly new to the blogging world, but I have seen so far that there are an abundance of amazing writers in this community who have built excellent platforms both through written and video blog. My favorite blog that is not my own, is www.kiitana.com created by Kiitan A. Kiita gives me all the life hacks honey haha ! From fashion to hair & make up! Kiita is a lifesytle/fashion blogger with such a vibrant personality, that really shines through her content. You can’t not be uplifted when you watch or read her blog posts. To simply describe it, Kiita acts a light when a pick-me up is needed across all of her platforms and this energy is why her blog is one of my favorites, whom I would love to collaborate with one day.
Because the Liebster Award is such an honor, I would like to nominate a few bloggers as well:
- Mikayla ~CarribeanCurl
Questions for my nominees:
- What made you begin your blogging journey?
- Which has been your largest struggle blogging thus far?
- In life, what is the thing or accomplishment you are most proud of?
- Which of Mom’s Cafe Blog’s post is your fave and why?
- What’s your favorite way to spend some down time ?
- If you could choose any (dream) job in the world, what would you be doing?
- Do you have a favorite charity? Which is it?
- For someone thinking of beginning a blog, what advice would you give them?
- Any favorite holiday dish…for any holiday? (To cook OR eat)
- Do you prefer to read a book or listen to the audio version?
Good luck and congratulations to all those nominated!
Nominees, please see instructions (link) below for acceptance of your Liebster Award Nomination.